This message is from: "Jean Gayle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Katy, Fjord manes are cut or clipped.  Some like the black showing and
some clip the whole mane even and with more of an arc near the top.  Some do
zebra striping also.  My first fjord had a thin mane just by nature.  My
present boy has a very thick mane.  I just did him today and it takes me
about an hour.  First the white and then trim the black as short or long as
you like.  My boy Gunnar is not at all fond of having it done so sometimes
it gets to be a yelling match!!  I find I have to trim about every six
weeks.

Because of the strength and thickness I do not know anyone who would "pull"
the manes of fjords.  Maybe if the mane was allowed to grow out it might be
pulled but what a job that would be, to get it to lie flatter.  Never have
seen it maybe others have.  Best of luck with your new boy.  Jean

Jean Gayle
Aberdeen, WA
[Authoress of "The Colonel's Daughter"
Occupied Germany 1946 TO 1949 ]