This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi All:  I've been offline a while getting my tower fixed.  Seems there are
some nice posts re: Fjords being different.  The Fjords I originally
described were two very different colors---one a brown dun and the other a
"white" dun with almost no visible markings unless you get him wet!  So, the
color theory is debatable.
    However, the brown dun is my mare's foal, now grown, and even after a
long separation, they certainly recognized each other!  Whenever I take Riata
over for training, I give her a moment to nuzzle her baby.  They seem to
"talk" and I think it is beneficial.  Afterwards, she works fine and is not
distracted by Sagan's presence.  He often goes back to grazing content to
know mom isn't gone from his life.  I would never question a horse's
considerable memory and I think their emotional well-being is too often
under-appreciated.
     Are Fjords different?  Plenty of us think so for whatever reason.  It is
truly something to see when it is "shown" to us in such an obvious way.

Pamela Garofalo