This message is from: "Verna Mattinson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi,

I've been lurking for a few months now and enjoying reading the digest, so
I've decided to finally take the time to introduce myself.

I'm from Nova Scotia, Canada and have been a fjord owner since 1992.  My
husband and I have a small herd of five beautiful fjords- two geldings, two
mares and a handsome 5 month old colt.   I've owned many horses over the
years and have done some western pleasure showing and team penning.  I've
found that since purchasing my first Fjord there has been no turning back!
I have thoroughly enjoyed my fjords more than any breeds I've ever had.

Our two geldings are saddle and harness trained and we just received a
restored antique sleigh for Christmas and have been enjoying the snow!  Our
older mare is also saddle and harness trained but has been spoiled since
having her baby this year and hasn't had to do much work this summer and
fall.  Our 2 1/2 year old filly is being started under harness now and we've
been doing some long lining.  This colt is the second foal born on our farm
over the years and we're really enjoying him.  He has Grabb and Dragtind
breeding on his Mom's side and Myrstein on his Dad's side and he's a nice
looking boy with a great attitude.  I also have a Gjest son who is new to us
this summer and is a pleasure to ride and drive.   I used our geldings this
fall to give some some "beginner riding lessons" to some of the neighbour
kids, and both kids and horses seem to enjoy it.   We've been very fortunate
to acquire some wonderful fjords with the typical affectionate, friendly,
fearless, sensible Fjord attributes that make them so much fun to own!!!

Well, it's time to go do some chores...

Verna Mattinson
Woodrow Fjord Farm
Riverview, NS