This message is from: "Denise Delgado" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>Fjords and donkeys tend to be
> "piggies" about stuffing food into their faces, so most of them will
> graze as long as there's anything edible in front of them.  It's easy
> to get them too fat, and very hard to diet the weight back off of
> them!

you're telling me!!!  i have a 2 stall barn.   it used to be that dancer
would nail quinn (fjord)  if he approached her chow.  they have their
own dishes.  about 6 months ago, she started letting him have his way.
of course, he ate hers and his and got fat and she lost weight.  so i
bought and installed stall gates to keep him in his own stall during
mealtime.  yesterday, that wiley coyote, was caught red-handed with his
whole head and neck through the pipe divider, completely twisted around
with his face buried in her barrel, which hangs on the rails.  now i
have to figure out a new tactic!  i think i will completely remove her
half-barrel and hang it from the opposite wall.  no way he can get to it
than, unless he can fly.....and i would'nt be surprised!!!! denise