This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 10/12/01 5:07:51 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> I believe I'd enjoy hearing how you wound up with
> Fjords. Was it the same drive to do something useful,
> skilled and honest with your favorite broomtail, too?

First thing that caught my attention was their beauty and charm.  You're new
here, so you don't know my story (okay so MOST of the people here do, almost
verbatim).  I have a special needs child.  And had taken a bad fall off of a
TALL horse.  So the character drew me next.  I think this breed of horse is
one of the best for special needs kids.  While my son is at school I borrow
his Juniper to take to dressage lessons.  On thursdays, the little person
taking lessons right before me is a sweet little girl with cerebral palsy.
She is maybe 3 years old?  And therapeutic riding has helped her enormously.
The MINUTE she sees Juniper I hear a beautiful squeal of delight.  When she
is taken off of the therapy pony she MUST be picked up and carried over to
Juniper, to pat her nose, admire her forelock.  Her dad, when he first saw
Juniper made a bit of a derisive comment.  But as thursdays would come and
go, I'd see more and more interest in him about fjords.  He wants to know if
they are strong enough to carry him (YES!).  And he's now thinking, if his
little girl is still interested in horses in 3 or 4 years, a fjord would be
JUST the ticket for her.

So yes, I think doing something useful, skilled and honest is just the thing
I wanted from my horse!  Of course, our visions of what useful is are
different, the fjord still fits the bill!

Pamela