This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I was just reading about counter counter. Counter canter is an excellant way
to teach a horse staightness. However, until the horse is well balanced on
the canter and can go from a canter from a walk and remain remain balanced
and can do a collected canter, it is too early to start. The counter canter
is a rider invented gymnastic exercise. The pupose being balance, suppleness,
straightness and collection. Counter canter is not the same as a horse being
on the wrong lead. In the counter canter the horse is intentionally asked to
canter on the outside lead instead of the usual inside lead. My belief if you
are a beginner rider and not done some training it is probably best to work
with a trainer to understand what your position should be. Many mistakes are
rider-related and are often are the result of an ineffective seat or
incorrect position. Leslie from Corrales, NM