This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 3/2/99 8:25:48 Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

<<  The  thing about learning this training yourself is, you can have horses
trained
 to the max in the saddle and they can still have very bad ground manners.
OR, the horse might respect your trainer, but still try and clean your  clock
if you don't get its respect.  >>

Here's an issue I'm dealing with for the second time.  I bought an Arab that I
met at 5 days old.  He came home to me the day he was weaned at 5 months old.
He was a sweet, wonderful horse that I could do anything with, go anywhere.
Very in tune to me and we clicked very well.  The problem is that he HATED
anybody else!  If I was out of town and anybody else tried to feed him, brush
him, etc., he'd snake his neck and pin his ears trying to intimidate them.

Now I've got the same thing happening (to a lesser degree) with Skylark.
She's now 6 months old and has WONDERFUL manners when I brush her, lead her,
feed her, etc. etc.  However, my husband and my friend who helps me school
horses swear she is a major BRAT!  She pins her ears at them, tries to drag my
friend through the pasture, turns her rear end to both of them.  She does NONE
of this with me.

How would I go about correcting a problem that I don't have with a horse?  I
want her to be good to others, not just me.  But when she's so good when I'm
around, there is nothing to correct!  I've showed both my husband and my
friend how I handle her, and they swear she is a different horse!  Anyone else
have a problem like this?  I do like that she's bonded with me, but would
really like her to be kind to other humans too!

Pamela