This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 5/12/01 3:16:45 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> What is a brand inspection?

I've heard rumours that there ARE states that don't require them, but most of
them that I know of do.  When you trailer a horse interstate (sometimes over
75 miles in your own state, per a lady in Colorado who just had the inspector
out) they want you to have ALL your paperwork in order.  Brands, markings,
scars are all checked.  Microchips noted, sex, breed, age and color of the
horse are noted.  My brand inspector said that it's over a $900 fine in some
states to be travelling without one.  It's only $15 here in Oregon to get one
good for a year (lifetime certificates are available).

Pamela