This message is from: Bonnie Liermann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi List;  Just wanted to add my comments.
Wow Fred - glad you are alright.  That sounds like a really nasty fall.
We just don't bounce like we used to anymore, right?  We just go splat.

I agree with you 100% that shows should make it madatory and send those
kids back out of the ring for their helmet.  My kids and husband hate
the helmet rule.  My youngest once  jumped off his horse and stomped
into the house when I wouldn't let me ride with his cowboy hat.  Oh
well, too bad, so sad.  He came back out shortly and agreed to wear the
helmet.
I am so in the habit that I feel funny without my helmet now.
Repeat after me. . . "your head is like an eggshell". . .

I have a question for the list.  If your horse is diagnosed with West
Nile, what is done for them?  What kind of therapy, medicine, etc. can
be done or is it like any virus and you just have to let it run it's
course.
If anyone has ideas please let me know.  Also is there a place to find
out more updated info?  I went to the website this list had a couple of
weeks ago, but that info is old.  I have heard of 2 positive tests in
horses in Wi in the last couple of days but would like to know more info
- were they inoculated, how are they etc?
Any help would be appreciated.

bonnie in WI