This message is from: "Teressa" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

My mare goes barefoot but we occasionally trail ride in areas that are very
stony and she gets a bit ouchy but the big concern is that she might get a
stone bruise from a bigger or sharp rock.  I don't think I should shoe her
for those far between occasions only so I just bought two sets of "Simple
Boots" - the brand is Cavallo.  My local feed store stocks them so I was
able to buy a couple of sizes and bring them home and try them on her for
fit.  They are simple to put on and have drain holes so water can come out -
I have only used them around the barn just to get her used to them but they
came highly recommended and are easy to put on and take off.  People who do
way more trail riding than me said they always pack a boot just in case
their horse loses a shoe.  So I'm sure I'll get use out of them.  Teressa in
Ferndale, WA