This message is from: Robin Churchill <rbc...@yahoo.com>

We have had a decent winter in Florida although it has been unseasonably cold
this week--down in the 40s at night here and 30s on the mainland. I had to
pull out the blanket liners that were already in the attic. I retired my 18
year old warmblood due to foot issues and he is walking around as a now
barefoot pasture ornament. I feel I have made some good progress with both
fjords, not as fast as I would like, but learning to be satisfied with the
pace of my progress rather than being unhappy that it is not as good as
someone else might make. I have 2 same-sized, same age fjord geldings who
nonetheless are very different and it is fun to interact with them and try to
figure out what approach suits them each the best.  I finally have Magnus (who
I call the wonder horse because of his intelligence but utterly
bombproofness--is that a word?), who I have had about 2 years going reliably
on the bit and improving in his lateral work and in my ability to
 sit his trot.  Like Bonnie, who wrote in a couple weeks ago about her new
horse, the newer gelding Levi and I got off to a little bit rocky start, but
with patience (not my strongest suit)  and persistance, things eventually
smoothed out . I find him a bit quirky, but he has become quite affectionate
and more and more obedient and steady as time has gone on.  When I take him
somewhere, he is a "chick magnet" regaling friends and acquaintances with his
cuteness and engaging personality.  So all in all, a good winter season for
us, with participation in some clinics, lots of trailering to the farrier and
other places but not much showing. Dreading the hot, humid weather and
hurricanes that are likely not far off for our part of the country.

Robin
in SW Florida