This message is from: Gail Russell <g...@zeliga.com>

Here is what I sent Robin.  I might be able to find my specifications list if
anyone is really interested.  A friend who hauls horses a lot specified it for
me.  We took almost every option.  There are probably used versions of this
truck out there, but you would have to make certain it had all the heavy duty
hauling options.  We LOVE this truck.  It has revolutionized our hauling lives.
 We currently haul at least 3200 miles every year taking our horses to
Cedarville.

We have a 2007 F350 Crew Cab Long Box Dually with a big engine.  Diesel.  Not
sure offhand if it is the 7.3 Diesel.  Had running boards put on it, which we
believe were essential.  They go all the way back next to the bed so you can
get into the bed to hitch up a gooseneck.  It has running lights on the cab and
doors, which make it look good, and probably make it more visible.  It is four
wheel drive, which makes it heavier and makes the box higher, which has
implications if you have a gooseneck trailer.  We use the 4 wheel drive when on
wet grass, and would not be without it, but it does add a lot of expense and we
do not use it often.

It has an engine braking system that is an absolute Godsend.  We travel steep
mountain roads hauling three horses at a time, and you tap the brake once or
twice, and then the engine holds that speed.  It feels much, much safer than
driving our old 1993 F250.

This truck has a much shorter turning radius for its size than our 1993 F250.
Ford changed the frames so that this truck almost feels like driving a car.
That said, one is hard pressed to drive this truck to a grocery store.

I would never again buy a truck that did not have at least some kind of space
behind the driver's seat, and we have used the extra seating quite a bit.

There is nothing we do not like about this truck thus far.  I would not get the
gas version as the diesel is much better at hauling.  The 4 wheel drive is
expensive.  It does help the truck hold its value, but I suspect one is still
out some money.

Gail