Hi Charles,

On 11/21/05, Charles Parcell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> ... what I don't get is why
> people are so quick to jump from AS 1.0 to 3.0. It really isn't like 3.0 is
> too much different from 2.0 as far as the basic language goes. Where is does
> differ greatly is in the class structures and additional classes.

If you want to influence the development of the language, doing some
work with the public alpha group is a good way to go. It's all very
well to complain about a language after it's release, but if you
participate in the public alpha, it gives you the chance to actually
get stuff changed or fixed before you have to deploy it commercially,
which chances are you will.

> With that said I would suggest using AS 2.0 to build you new game arch. but
> keep an eye on 3.0 so you are aware of where things are going. Case in point
> MC vs. Sprites.

There are some pretty fundamental changes in AS3 regarding the way the
screen is drawn - the displaylist & sprite stuff is very useful for
games work and will substantially influence the way you design your
engine - depth is handled completely differently, and event handling
is much more robust, among other things.

HTH
Alias