> Neither of your 'solutions' is even remotely unbeatable. I can get
> around both of them with the wget command-line tool, which is a
> standard install on most flavours of linux. There are others that do
> the same thing, and any download accelerator program for Windows will
> also be able to download the file.

I can block wget with just JavaScript ;)

http://www.gnu.org/software/wget/faq.html#3.6

" Wget doesn't feature JavaScript support and is not capable of performing
recursive retrieval of URLs included in JavaScript code.

In fact, it is impossible to extract URLs from JavaScript by merely parsing
it. Web clients need to actually execute it, and Wget can't do that since
it's not a GUI browser. "

> Obfuscation is the only way to protect your code, and even then I
> wouldn't consider it 'almost unbeatable'.

I still think obfuscation is not the only way...

zwetan