Interesting, a movie set at 30fps plays around 29/30 in the ide using the below code, but does indeed return 23/24 fps in IE.
I knew flash ran better in the ide - but that is quite a difference.

From what I've learnt, that kind of stuff happens even when there's nothing
being processed - ie, if you specify a certain framerate, it always runs a bit slower. I usually set my movies to use 40fps - because expect them to run at around ~35fps.

It's not actually that the movie is only getting 25fps instead of the specified 30, but that he's *trying* 30 - and nothing more. So using a higher number works.

Obviously that doesn't help if your movie ACTUALLY has slow performance. It's just that if there's performance to spare but flash just isn't getting there, the only way to get your actual framerate target is to use a higher framerate as the top limit.

- Zeh