//Not so fast. :) What confused me in the demo is that XML did not have
MXML namespaces, so I wouldn't jump to that conclusion.  Seemed to be
straight old XML.
When you "Copy Motion as ActionScript 3.0..." it appears to be Flash CS3 converts timeline animation into an XML. Then you can perhaps apply this XML to any object on Stage using fl.motion.Animator Class? Also this means you can create complex animation using just XML. Very interesting...

Kenneth Kawamoto
http://www.materiaprima.co.uk