Hi,

 Don't know if this helps.

http://sandy.media-box.net/blog/distortimage-20-the-fastest-way-to-freely-distort-image-with-flash-in-actionscript.html

Google http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=actionscript+2+perspective+skew+movieclip&btnG=Search&meta= <http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=actionscript+2+perspective+skew+movieclip&btnG=Search&meta=> :)

   Glen

Jake Prime wrote:
Hi List

I need to skew some text to give the impression it is going off into
the distance (think opening text on Star Wars, though without
movement). I know this effect can be done using the triangular method
as used in Papervision. However I'm not creating a 3D scene here, I
just want the skewing. Can this be easily done with Papervision, or
can anyone recommend any other resource (AS2 only)?

I understand the principles behind the technique, I just don't want to
re-invent the wheel by implementing from scratch.

Any help appreciated
Jake