Couldn't you just stick a TextField inside of a MovieClip then use a
transformation matrix to screw the MovieClip?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Zeh Fernando
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2007 2:17 PM
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Skewing text

> I need to skew some text to give the impression it is going off into
> the distance (think opening text on Star Wars, though without
> movement). I know this effect can be done using the triangular method
> as used in Papervision. However I'm not creating a 3D scene here, I
> just want the skewing. Can this be easily done with Papervision, or
> can anyone recommend any other resource (AS2 only)?
>
> I understand the principles behind the technique, I just don't want to
> re-invent the wheel by implementing from scratch.

The effect is not just skewing. It *is* 3d, in the meaning that the
perspective is distorted because the middle points are moved away
depending on the angle. So yes, your faster/best bet would be to use any
3d class such as Papervision3D. It should be fairly simple as you'll
just need a rotated plane with the content of a movieclip projected on it.

Zeh