Does this have something to do with security certificate? I can understand
that if you run the code from Flash IDE, you may not have enought security
certificate auth to allow you to get data from the server, in which case, it
will be encrypted..

So I suggest that you try with some other https server (try if you can
launch the same https version of the xml file from your own server ) through
your IDE. If that too fails, i think its safe to assume security certificate
to be the issue.

--
Regards
--Varun S

/* This mail was sent using 100% recycled electrons */