First off, I am by far not the person to answer this question. That patent is bunk in my book. There is NO invention as far as I see. All I see is process not IP. I would expect that patent to get dropped once reviewed because it is a "next logical step" process.
Crap like that makes me sick and really shows what the patent system has become. With all that said, if your process is different, then there is absolutely no conflict. Charles P. On Jan 2, 2008 4:25 PM, Dave Mennenoh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Question - as a software developer, are we free to create anything we want > if we use our own, from scratch, code? For instance, we created a Flash > based Virtual Makeover application a couple years back. We may make a new > one for a new client but our old client has issue. Evidently they > "invented" > this makeover system, and even have a patent: http://tinyurl.com/2yxj8v > But there are other examples of such systems. Maybe they're not identical, > but the good ones work much the same. To me, it's utterly ridiculos that I > could be stopped from writing any kind of software. I could make a Riven > clone called Raven if I wanted, couldn't I? Anyone have any input? > > > Dave - > Head Developer > http://www.blurredistinction.com > Adobe Community Expert > http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/ > > _______________________________________________ > Flashcoders mailing list > [email protected] > http://chattyfig.figleaf.com/mailman/listinfo/flashcoders > _______________________________________________ Flashcoders mailing list [email protected] http://chattyfig.figleaf.com/mailman/listinfo/flashcoders

