-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dennis -
I Sioux
Sent: 21 January 2008 13:36
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Flash Coders List
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] MultiLanguage

I agree with Glen on the stringpanel part.
I've done a big project in the past with multilanguage games..
stringpanel is a good start.. although if you want to give the user the
possibility to select the language at runtime you had to code that
yourself into the panel.. (that was made back in flash 7 though.. might
be in there right now) ..

Translating it on forhand isn't always an option.. somtimes the product
gets popular and a new country/language is added..
The way we did it is to keep space for larger languages in the design..
and if it isn't possible to translate it shorter.. it will always be a
pain in the @ss.. but there should be a balance to keep the
designer/design happy and the translations/translators good..

We made an extra panel to add character sets to all textfields on the
press of a button.. this way it is easier to add a new character set.

Hope this helps..

With kind regards,

Dennis
Isioux