Karim,

In light of Joel's comments I'd like to suggest a refinement:

import flash.events.*

function updateCursor(){
        stage.addChildAt(customCursor, stage.numChildren);
}

comboBox.dropdown.addEventListener(Event.ADDED_TO_STAGE, onDropdown);

function onDropdown(event:Event){
        updateCursor();
}

Give it a try! I think it works quite well.

Regards,

-Keith
http://keithreinfeld.home.comcast.net