HTH

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Keith
Reinfeld
Sent: vrijdag 14 november 2008 18:57
To: 'Flash Coders List'
Subject: RE: [Flashcoders] ComboBox + Custom Cursor , AS3

Joel,

Another good optimization point, Joel. If we assume that Karim's custom
cursor is already a child of the stage, then setChildIndex() should be more
efficient. So I guess it depends on the implementation.

Interestingly,

I get a RangeError with this:

        stage.setChildIndex(customCursor, stage.numChildren);

but this works:

        stage.setChildIndex(customCursor, stage.numChildren - 1);

However,

        stage.addChildAt(customCursor, stage.numChildren);

does not trigger the RangeError, and

        stage.addChildAt(customCursor, stage.numChildren - 1);

still produces the desired result.

If this is a bug then 'stage.numChildren - 1' would be the safe way to go.

Regards,

-Keith
http://keithreinfeld.home.comcast.net

13:36