From: flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com
[mailto:flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com] On Behalf Of Paul Steven
Sent: 20 May 2009 19:45
To: 'Flash Coders List'
Subject: [Flashcoders] Advice on creating dynamic crossword cluesth resize
function

I am creating a crossword where the words and clues are read in from an xml
file. I need to be able to display the clues in a small area hence these
will need to scroll. I also need to highlight a particular clue if the word
on the crossword is clicked. Problem is that some clues will be on more than
one line so I am not sure how best to approach this and would appreciate
some advice. Also I need to include a function to toggle the text between
small and large. Btw I am programming this in Flash 8 with AS2.

My alternative solutions are as follows:

1.Attach a separate movie clip for each clue - not sure how I would position
these vertically and the effect of toggling the text size
2.Put all the clues in one dynamic text field  - not sure how I would select
a particular clue. With this solution would I be best to use a mask and
therefore have all the clues effectively displayed in the dynamic text field
at once.

Any advice on how best to deal with this would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Paul