>> It took me over 40 minutes of continuous play to get the crash.

This sounds like a memory leak - memory allocations building up for your
allotment in RAM over time, until it there is no more available slots  -
I would check all the usual things to be sure you are garbage
collecting, removing listeners, objects no longer needed, etc.

Jason Merrill

Bank of  America   Global Learning
Learning & Performance Soluions

Monthly meetings on making the most of the Adobe Flash Platform -
presented by bank associates, Adobe engineers, and outside experts in
the borader multimedia community - join the Bank of America Flash
Platform Community  (note: this is for Bank of America employees only)