Hi Ian

Ah I didn't realise that.

I did originally plan to break up the image thinking it would not perform
very well with such a large image but when I tested it, it ran fine. It is
just strange how the game will work for at least 40 minutes (the game only
lasts 2 minutes so I am referring to playing it multiple times).

It is a really annoying bug to isolate as it can take so long to crash.

I just commented out the following updateMouseVisibility() call and have
been playing for about 30 minutes with no crash but I wouldn't have thought
this would cause any crash?

this.onEnterFrame = function() {

        // updateMouseVisibility();

        ... other function calls..

}

function updateMouseVisibility():Void {

        if (_ymouse < 240) {

                Mouse.show();

        } else {

                Mouse.hide();

I will keep testing for another hour and if it crashes I will go for the 4
segment option.

Thanks again for your help - feel really up against the clock with this as
the exhibition is on Monday.

Cheers

Paul