From: flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com
[mailto:flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com] On Behalf Of Henrik
Andersson
Sent: 02 December 2009 10:11
To: Flash Coders List
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Prevent space button passing click event to
button (as3)

Buttons are meant to be pressed like that. You are using the wrong
object for the job.

Here is my take on it: you have a game where there are button instances
in the gui. I would add the keyboard listener to the stage as usual.
However, in the listener, I would add a condition to ignore events for
things that actually have a logical response.

if(e.target is TextField||e.target is SimpleButton||(e.target is Sprite
&& Sprite(e.target).buttonMode)) return;