>> I'd do that, but I'm also trying to preserve the order in which
things occur, like given this xml...

Ah, well, you never said THAT. ;)  I'll have to do some more digging
into E4x if I have some time today... or someone should probably beat me
to the punch.

Jason Merrill

 Bank of  America  Global Learning
Learning & Performance Soluions

Join the Bank of America Flash Platform Community  and visit our
Instructional Technology Design Blog
(note: these are for Bank of America employees only)