Well, the most bizarre thing about this bug fix is that the two (debugging and
window layout) seem to me like completely unrelated elements of the IDE.  I ran
into a cold trail in searching online.  What's really bothersome is that it
isn't documented anywhere.  It's the equivalent of: I have a toothache...ok,
well did you check to see if your car is low on gas?  Something to that effect.

I've never seen the stacking order ("panel Z"?) issue.  That's a good one.
Let's hope CS5 covers these obstacles.

- MM

> I never worked out why it worked either - I had same problem about 6
months ago and found some blurb that said to delete workspace...  It's
bloody annoying - think it's something to do with output window
position, but not sure.  Anyway, I duplicated my "working" workspace xml
and just restore that one when CS3 throws its toys out the pram...

I also have problem with the "stacking order" in CS3 quite a lot - SWF's
at my screen-res start getting obscured by the IDE toolbars, etc.  Same
fix - delete workspace and start again.  As I am working on this
document size all the time it gets pretty annoying.  I have asked for
upgrade to CS4, but don't know why I should have to pay for bug-fixes
(seems to be the new way of software business)...