I've been thinking about the below message from Jason and tried rearranging a
simple project into a MVC for a while this afternoon, but couldn't figure out
how to do it without breaking encapsulation.

I think I'm not getting the MVC advantage because I don't understand one of two
things - or maybe something else:

The controller listens to an event from the model, how does the controller
inform the view to react without a) breaking encapsulation or b)dispatching
another event the view is listening for.

In b it would seem better to me to have the view listen to the model directly.
I tried it both with the controller being the document class and not. Help? Is
there a simple example someone can point me to?

_ _ _
Erik Mattheis
Senior Web Developer
Minneapolis
T  952 346 6610
C 612 377 2272

Weber Shandwick
Advocacy starts here.

PRWeek Global Agency Report Card 2009 - Gold Medal Winner
The Holmes Report Global Agency of the Year
PR News Agency of the Year