Hi Glen,

Thanks for the suggestion.  Coffee shops are cool, and I love Pizza.

Thanks,
Anthony

On 3/18/2010 1:33 PM, Glen Pike wrote:
Anthony Pace wrote:
Apparently, according to what I have been reading, I have lately been designing everything using a command pattern / composition mix, as it seems to come most naturally, and deviating where necessary, without knowing the names of any of the patterns I stumble upon; thus, you can obviously tell I need work on all my pattern jargon.

What I am looking for is a book, that has common applications broken down by best pattern(s) to use for a given section of the application. Really a book with detailed use-case scenarios.

I can come up with my own way of doing things; yet, if I am going out of the pre-established regions of my repertoire, it takes forever to be confident about the path that I am choosing, and I know a pattern(s) per use-case book would speed things up.

Any suggestions?

HFDP is good for giving you examples of where to use patterns http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596007126 most of the examples are given as problematic programs / modules first then the pattern is introduced and implemented. If you like coffee shops and pizza then you will like the book. Lots of Java style code too which is similar to AS3 in syntax.