Juan Pablo Califano wrote:
Wow. That was really uncalled for.

I meant no ill will. I just meant that there is a better solution than this idea.

For me, the hard part, which you seem to imply is rather simple here, is
*matching+ the input audio against said profiles. Admitedly, I don't know
anything about digital signal processing and audio programming in general,
but "matching" sounds a bit vague. Perhaps you could enlighten us, I you
feel like.

Since you asked, I actually don't know how to do it myself. I have honestly studied the subject, but I still don't know how to do it.