You'll want to learn how to create custom events and pass data with
those.  With a custom event, you can have it contain any amount and form
of data.  The custom events we use in our internal development framework
all have a public "data" property with a type wildcard *, but you can
specify more specific typecast properties than that of course.

Don't feel bad about your questions, I disagree with Taka I suppose,
that's the point of this list and the best way to learn.  If you were
constantly bombarding us with newbie questions, I would probably refer
you elsewhere as he did, but you aren't.

If you aren't using FlashDevelop or a similar tool of equivalent power,
I would recommend it.  You'll know right away if you're missing an
import for example, and it also will clean up your imports, removing the
unused ones.

Jason Merrill

Instructional Technology Architect
Bank of America   Global Learning

Join the Bank of America Flash Platform Community  and visit our
Instructional Technology Design Blog
(Note: these resources are only available for Bank of America
associates)