>>"maybe I should just ignore these types of messages in general and not
get myself involved"

I'd vote for that one.  His questions were legit, he doesn't need
condescension no matter how elementary his question seemed.  From the
perspective of an advanced programmer, they seem very Googleable, but
from someone learning, you don't know what you don't know, so a list
like this is sometimes the obvious place to ask.

John - check out Flash_Tiger on Yahoo (it's a mailing list like this one
and also has an online searchable forum) - where any Flash and
Actionscript related question is legit.

Jason Merrill

Instructional Technology Architect
Bank of America   Global Learning

Join the Bank of America Flash Platform Community  and visit our
Instructional Technology Design Blog
(Note: these resources are only available for Bank of America
associates)