Hi,
I guess I'll chime in one more time and say Swift 3D is a very powerful tool for flash 3d. Swift was built to integrate to flash and it also will let you import your 3DSMAX files (and many other formats including Papervision3D support) into it. But I believe, but don't quote me, that swift has a poly reduction filter so you can bring in your 3DSMAX file in and if it has too many polys, it will help you reduce them. Kind of like illustrators simplify path filter. Again, Swift was built so you could create 3D FOR Flash.

I have seed some amazing 3D work from swift.
Haven't heard too many talk about it though, but it caught my eye.
Might be worth a look-see.

http://www.erain.com/

Best,

Karl