On 19/07/2011 10:27, Karl DeSaulniers wrote:
Hi Paul, Gerry,
Are these runtime calls, or calls to set up runtime?
How is the swf published? Local? Server?
If Local, you could try javascript.
Calling the javascript before you need the results in flash.
Then que the results so there is no latency, like a buffer?

If server, I would go with Paul's socket suggestion or a perl script.
Or call the php before you need the results in flash.
A small php script takes milliseconds to execute.

Maybe, but there's network latency to be added to that. DSP usually requires fast real-time processing, so latency defeats the object of using native code. My suggestion about the socket server would be to install that on the client, not a remote server. Even so I suspect the latency will be too big.

You can even build a php script that polls the dll on its own and que the results
for flash to grab from.

Best,
Karl