Ooops, Sry Beatrix..
I meant @Ben.
(hit reply to the wrong post)

But to make the point, you can load a png with your image cut out like with photoshop. Then take a blank png the size you need the dimensions at, combine the two with PHP imagecreatealpha then insert that in your game dynamically. No embedding necessary for this approach.

I have a script I made that does just this. Thats why I made the suggestion. I was making a shopping cart for a flash site and had a lot of images that were PNGs of product shots but they were all different sizes. So i created this script to load the image, then load the blank png then size it to the size I needed then send it on to flash. While keeping the original transparency.

Sry if this is not what you needed and I miss understood.

Best,

Karl