From: Anastasia Klimchuk <a...@chromium.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2024 5:44 PM
To: Guru, Ritul <ritul.g...@amd.com>
Cc: Munduru, Avinash <avinash.mund...@amd.com>; Kumar, Chaudhary amit
<chaudharyamit.ku...@amd.com>; Vlim <v...@gigadevice.com>; flashrom@flashrom.org
Subject: Re: [flashrom] Re: Support for GD25LR512ME flash chip.

Caution: This message originated from an External Source. Use proper caution
when opening attachments, clicking links, or responding.

Hi Ritul,

Nice to meet you! It's really good to have you on this thread.

My plan for the issue is to find someone from AMD who can fix the issue. I
mentioned this earlier in this thread :) It would be really great if you could
help?

I think someone from AMD would be in the best position to fix the issue, you
have all the datasheets available and all the hardware.
It seems from the thread you are hitting the issue during a development
process, so perhaps this can be a justification for why this is needed for
business, and why to allocate resources to fix it.

Some time ago I wrote this doc, maybe it can be useful
https://flashrom.org/how_to_support_flashrom.html#special-appeal-for-companies
Count this as an official invitation to contribute!

Thank you for your help

About possible workarounds, I think writing only one layout region has some
chances to work.

--
Anastasia.