In what way is Silverlight proposing a new standard? ECMA decision has no
affect on Silverlight. C# for example is a standard today, everything we are
doing or using either adheres to a standard, furthemore XAML for example
falls under our (Open Specification Promise)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Specification_Promise.

The DLR was introduced to allow dynamic languages outside the mainstream the
ability to enter the RIA space, without imposing restrictions or ensuring
they must abide by C# or ActionScript to get access? I would of thought this
is an obvious positive for RIA overall (Adobe's Ryan Stewart agrees -
http://blogs.zdnet.com/Stewart/?p=356).

Microsoft and several other folks (Yahoo!, DOJO etc) all agreed that this
wasn't the right fit, but are all committed to ensure we find a right fit.
*shrug*.. so lumping this entirely in Microsoft's lap is a little skewed in
thinking.

HTH.

--
Regards,