> I don't quite see how it's a big step backward *or* a black eye for
> Adobe (as your blog argued). There are dozens of languages in
> widespread use out there... AS3 being (approximately) based on a
> standard, while a good bullet point for marketing, never yielded any
> advantage as far as I could see.

This is a valid point, but the reason I call it a black eye is because
adobe spent a lot of time hanging their hat on the idea that this was
going to be a standard. To the extent that was helpful to them (I
presume it was otherwise they wouldnt have bothered) it is no longer
an accurate statement. Adobe wanted the industry to move one way, and
Microsoft forced it to move another way.

Hank

--
blog: whydoeseverythingsuck.com