From: Guilherme Blanco <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 15:53:25 -0300
To: <flexcoders@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] PHP vs. Coldfusion 8 for beginner?

It's a bit offtopic, but let's go...

I'd suggest you PHP. Why?
Because it's similar to a lot of languages and the learn path to these
others will be minimized. Learning PHP you'll be able to learn C,
Java, ...
Like if you learn a tab-based language (read as ColdFusion) you'll
have some hard times to move to a structured or object oriented
language.

That's my US$0.02

Cheers,

--