On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 3:19 PM, Guilherme Blanco <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> wrote:

> Pay attention to the way you write your software and you notice what
> am I meaning...
> Notice to syntax, it's the main reason I said that.

You left out cfscript for cf:

message = "Hello world!";

and

if (message eq "Hi!")
{
  // Do stuff
}

> Which ones are more similar to the rest... PHP or CF?
> Of course there're MANY differences between one language and other...
> and if you ask me which one is more similar to Java? C#.
>
> So, I'm not telling PHP is like Java or C# or even C. I'm telling you
> that the learn path (syntax has less impacts) is minimized if he
> decides to learn PHP instead of CF.

Interesting. My experience has been that the syntax differences are really a
minor part of learning a new language. Certainly the most obvious
difference, but the smallest in terms of real mastery and hurdles to
overcome. Each language has it's own nuances and particular ways of handling
the same concepts. In this way, PHP (and CF) is verrrrrrry different than
Java or C.

--
Howard Fore, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"The universe tends toward maximum irony. Don't push it." - Jeff Atwood