Just keep in mind that PHP doesn't do everything.
There're thousands of things PHP can't handle while Java for example
does very well.

BBBUUUUUTTT... when PHP isn't able to do, it has bridges to
communicate with someone else that does. What am I talking about?
PHP has an extension to communicate with Java, another with .NET, ...

Short version: When PHP is not able to do something, it has extensions
with someone else that knows how to do that.

Cheers,