Yeah that trick's not bad, that's what we're doing for build.properties etc.
I find in *most* cases there's nothing system-specific in our
.actionscriptProperties (mainly defines and keep-as3-metadata, etc), so we
get away with it :)

What isn't any fun, is that there's *something*, *somewhere* that will cause
Player/Builder to not put your app into the priviledged list if you copy or
import too much into your project :( And that nobody seems to know exactly
what it is that causes it doesn't help much.

-Josh