Thanks Deane Venske and steve for ur valuable guidance,

Now the data access ideas are taking some shape. now we have to
study PHP first then the PDOs and finally the  webORB. As far as
PHP IDE is concerned we have to use Some open source solution
initially till budget gets approved then we can think of commercial
product.But by that time to develop pilot project I think its OK.

I also read few threads about PHP vs JAVA as middle tier and
found that PHP is not altogether rejected but almost everybody
has agreed that its easy to learn, code and development is much
faster compared to Java. Exactly this is what is expected from
a developer, a fast response. We have decided that initially we will
develop our first project with PHP as middleware and if we face
some serious probles regarding security, scalability and performance
we will think of Java middleware and have taken our client also
in confidence he too have indicated consent to this idea.

So this is the story at this moment and we are starting to read
PHP from tomorrow may a week or two will be required to get things
atleast going in PDO and webORB way meanwhile I have question
about the third aspect of application i.e. Reporting for that
I will open up a fresh thread Hope u ppl also contribute to
that also.

Thanks once again for sharing experience and taking us
in right direction. I would like to express a sincere
gratitude to all of you on behalf of our team.

Raja