On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 2:55 AM, Guy Morton wrote:
> On 30/04/2010, at 6:22 PM, Tom Chiverton wrote:
> That article is so wrong, in so many places, but the corrections will never
> get the same exposure. Good tactic, unfortunately.
>
> I'm interested to know where you think he is factually wrong.

I believe Steve Jobs is factually wrong in the following claim:
"We also know first hand that Flash is the number one reason Macs crash."

On a modern Operating System a userland application can not crash the
system. Only errors in hardware or in privileged processes (the kernel
and drivers) running in ring 0 can crash can operating system. Ring 3
code can not.
Now I immediately believe him if he wants to claim that Flash is the
number one reason Safari or Camino crashes. But the only way I can
imagine Flash crashing the system is if Mac OS X allows userland
applications access to hardware. And operating systems that allow that
deserve to crash.

Jochem

--
Jochem van Dieten