In one part of my app, I am creating my Operation.arguments object
like this:

args.ContainersToRetrieve = new Array();
args.ContainersToRetrieve.push("Client");
args.ContainersToRetrieve.push("IndustryTrends");

which, as expected, results in a SOAP call like this:

<ContainersToRetrieve>
   <ContainerType>Client</ContainerType>
   <ContainerType>IndustryTrends</ContainerType>

In a different spot, I am constructing a call in the same manner:
args.RPRSelections = new Object();
args.RPRSelections.SelectedPlans = new Array();
for(var i:int = 0; i < model.arr_selectedPlans.length; i++)
   {
      args.RPRSelections.SelectedPlans.push(model.arr_selectedPlans[i]);
   }

but that produces the following output, seemingly ignoring the
SelectedPlans array that was created.

<RPRSelections>
   <item>78167</item>
   <item>78173</item>