Yes, Thanks Dan. I perfectly understand that Sprite class should
extend UIComponent class to get added in UIcomponent by AddChild
method. But its actually vice versa. But then How should try all
those samples which comes in Flex builder help and extends the class
sprite.
What I believe is if they have given example there should be some way
to use it also... How should I try all those code samples that is
given in flex builder help.

Regards
fl

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel Freiman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Containers require all children to be a UIComponent (or maybe it's
implement
> IUIComponent).  I think all other objects that can have children
require
> chlidren to be DisplayObjects.  So you can add a DisplayObject as a
child to
> a Sprite, UIComponent, DisplayObjectContainer, etc.  I mostly work
with
> Actionscript so I don't know about puting Sprites in MXML, but if
you can,
> the Sprite would need to be the child of a UIComponent.
>
> - Dan
>
> On 10/10/06, flexlearner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > No not in canvas only..
> >
> > My general question is if at all we have to use sprites in our
mxml
> > file..how should we do it.. what will the approach
> >
> > Regards,
> > fl
> >
> > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "flex-guitar" <flex@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I've had trouble with this as well. I ended up putting a
> > UIComponent in the
> > > Canvas and adding children to it instead of to the Canvas.
> > >
> > > I don't know why Canvas throws an error, since it is a subclass
of
> > > UIComponent, but it does.
> > >
> > > HTH,
> > > Derek