Good example.  Here is the solution to that one.  DON'T call
super.createChildren()... here is why:

TreeItemRender extends UIComponent.

UIComponent has this for createChildren:
protected function createChildren():void
{
}

Calling it does nothing, you don't need to call it.
I'm going to go out a limb here and say that UIComponent will never do
anything. It really should only be used by implementers. I say this
because UIComponent calls createChildren, if it needed to do something
before the implementation of it then it should do it before it calls it.

Any other examples?

Paul

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony Lee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > > Can anyone provide any real world examples?
> >

> Sure.
>
> I want to extend TreeItemRender, it's a 500 hundred line class so
I'd rather