I really haven't looked at Adobes AutoComplete classes since they
aren't really part of the general release, in fact I can't find where
to download them anymore. If I recall correctly those were really ment
to be examples and not drop in components.  It sounds like you are
really wanting to add functionality not replace a small part of it. If
you could provide the code I could help you.

Paul

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, jwopitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Paul,
>
> I am not sure to which posting you are asking, 'why?' but I can give
you a
> specific case in which there have been needs to extend a particular
class
> and then at some point wish you could call super.super.someMethod().
>
> My client needed some specialized autoComplete features that Adobe's
> autoComplete did not support (from here on referred to as AC).
Those needed